Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Strava for vintage bike riding

well not exactly for vintage bicycle riding, but it makes for a good way to show routes and possibly find riding friends.

my ride on Sunday was more about finding hills and doing some of climbs over(maybe even getting a little lost). When looking at a ride on Strava, their are segments that you can use to gauge how your ride is going. I have a usual route I ride to get out of Philadelphia, and do some of the same climbs every week, and it is nice to see myself getting stronger as the season progresses and set new personal records on them. It is minor, but these little achievements help make riding solo a little more challenging and helps one push themselves.
You can follow riders so you can learn new routes and in my case, hill climbs that are new to me.

No comments: