Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tricked out Humber

Some people are against restorations of bicycles when they are not done faithfully to the original design on the bicycle. I usually am. I am usually the first to point out incorrect paint color, cable housing, tires, etc. But when the restoration is so far from the original design, I guess it creates a life of it's own. Take this Humber. Humbers were known for their distinctive twin fork blades and beautiful chainring design that has people merrily holding hands. The owner of this bike kept some of the original idea, but added a French brake lever, newer handlebars, cork handlebar tape, a homemade saddle canister, and what looks like homemade trussrods. The sign and even white 26 x 1 3/8" tires really make this bike into a new bicycle.


Equipped with a front brake and a Sturmey Archer 3 speed coaster brake hub.


Sturmey Archer Dynohub.

4 comments:

Doug said...

That would be my bike I named 'Sir Loin of Beef'. I built it for the 'Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #4' last year and took 4th place. The frame is actually a dumpster find 'Popular' with a bunch of parts from a '58 Humber' that had a bent frame. I also fabricated a bunch of other parts for it. It is ridden regularly for 10 to 20 mile trips. I also rebuilt the Sturmey TCW in the back and the dyno hub up front. I have just replaced the seat with a more modern road bike seat for a bit more comfort. Thanks for the compliments!

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18222&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=sir+loin

WOW Gold said...

This kind of nice post, My spouse and i appreciated the idea a lot! Is extremely good fashion sense! Great photographs!

summerlijia said...

Guys, do you like to play MMORPG? Guild Wars 2 is one of the most wonderful MMORPGs.I'm a big fan of Guild Wars 2 and good at farming Guild Wars 2 gold. I know a good website to update game guidance about how to farm gold. The cheap Guild Wars 2 gold is also available in that store. So, if you lack gold, you can have a try of that store. Just click the colored word which will direct you.

fifa ultimate team coins said...

oh yea, incredible. we sooo want to fulfill this person, he is an excellent create.

mmo18.com
英雄联盟代练
lol boosting